- Keep a home office to reduce the carbon footprint of a commute as well as conserve energy and resources.
- Use electricity from 100% renewable sources (http://www.theenergycooperative.com/) and conserve electricity by using more daylight, shutting out lights when not in use.
- Manage heat/cooling in office by using a programmable thermostast, blinds, ceiling fan and window fan – as well as by dressing appropriately.
- Buy office products with maximum post-consumer recycled content. These include paper, folders, pens made from recycled plastic and recycled steel paper clips (http://www.greenlinepaper.com/).
- Recycle our printer cartridges.
- Use rechargeable batteries for electronics.
- Use a digital camera to reduce unnecessary printing and toxic processing chemicals.
- Use mostly second-hand furniture
- Properly dispose of non-working electronics
Lunch / Kitchen / Company Events
- Use non-disposable items such as dishes, flatware, glasses, cloth napkins and rags. Wash with eco-safe detergents.
- Compost food scraps.
- Use filtered tap water and avoid bottled water.
- Eat outside whenever comfortable to improve mood and productivity.
- Eat organic and/or locally-sourced food when possible. If eating non-vegetarian, we try to use local products from animals that are humanely treated and pasture/grass-fed.
- Eat items from our own veggie garden when in season.
- Utilize environmentally responsible practices in our service and operations.
- Encourage our clients and the public to reduce their carbon footprint by providing brochures and online resources.
- Give free workshops and talks on how to be more sustainable.
- Donate services to non-profit fund-raising events.
- Generally support and encourage sustainable businesses, artists and organizations we believe in like Co-op America, Etsy.com and the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia.